At Alarmtron we are committed to protecting your privacy. We want to assure you we will limit the amount and type of personal information collected to that which is necessary for business purposes that you contract us for. We will never use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as required to effectively provide services to you and will use extreme care when storing and/or destroying this information to prevent unauthorized access.
Personal information includes any information you provide to us (eg: name, address, phone numbers, banking or credit card information, home conditions, payment history, etc).
Your consent for us to collect, use and disclose your personal information for “business purposes” is implied when you provide us with your personal information or give us permission to collect the information from third parties.
Alarmtron will only use your personal information to:
- Provide you with the best security products and services to meet your specific needs
- Verify your identity to set up an alarm response action plan or respond to any inquiries you may have regarding your account
- Validate or cancel an alarm
- Process payments for services
- Service your security system as required
During the course of daily operations, Alarmtron and its associates, their employees and outside service contractors may have access to your personal information for legitimate business purposes (eg: accessing your personal information to verify you are the account subscriber in an alarm verification process). Each and every one of them is governed by strict standards and policies to ensure your information is secure and treated with the utmost care and respect.
We will always keep your personal information confidential. We will not give, sell, rent or loan any of your personal information to any third party (with the exception of third parties performing functions on our behalf).
We will only disclose your specific information to a third party:
- When authorized by you to provide an alarm certificate for insurance purposes or to report your payment history to a third party designated by you.
- When required by law we will only provide the specific information requested and take precautions to satisfy ourselves that the authorities making the request have legitimate grounds to do so (eg: police services for registration and/or permits when required by municipality by-laws).
- When permitted by law to disclose personal information such as employing reasonable and legal methods to collect a delinquent account.
Our employees are required to sign a confidentiality agreement binding them to their responsibility during and after their employment with Alarmtron. Unauthorized access to and/or disclosure of client information by an employee of Alarmtron is strictly prohibited. Failing to abide by the above will result in appropriate disciplinary action, which may include dismissal.
From time to time we may contract outside organizations to perform certain services (eg: guard service). These trusted service contractors may be responsible for handling some of your private information; however they are only given access to the information necessary for them to perform their duties and are prohibited from using this information for purposes other than to carry out the service they were contracted to provide.
When you fill out forms on our website, Alarmtron will treat and safeguard personal information collected the same way as if the information is collected through other means.
As a customer of Alarmtron, you have the right to access your personal information. Upon verifying your identity, we will provide whatever information you request.
Alarmtron is committed to maintaining your personal information as accurately and completely as possible. Please keep us up-to-date on any changes or should you discover any errors, please advise us immediately.
Alarmtron (BC) Ltd.
101 – 12414 – 82 nd Avenue
Surrey, BC V3W 3E9